As always seems the case in July and August, there are currently over 200 Burning Man ticket listings on eBay. While we all hate to see profiteering on Burn tickets, it's a reality in the open market. Single tickets are closing at $500+ and two-ticket sales are closing at $900+. If you are going to buy on eBay, here are some tips to help protect you.
1. Only buy using Paypal. It has a Buyer Protection Plan (on top of eBay's) and the money is not released to seller until after you have received the ticket.
2. Check the rating of the seller. Stay clear of those with negatives.
3. Look at the bidding history starting price as it can be a indication of whether you're dealing with a normal seller or a hawker.
4. Avoid those with high shipping fees as they are popular with scalpers or scammers.
5. Check the shipping terms to see how long the seller has to send it.
6. Bidding early just builds pricing pressure and does nothing for you.
Last edited by cyberbiker
on Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.