Home at last... what a trip! Oooohhhh boy... the Kantina was a success the likes of which I didn't expect... we did more than I thought possible... and I have people to seriously thank for making it rock like it did....
(1) The HERRINGS. Without them, the Kantina Project would have been DOOMED before it started. I owe them a debt greater than anyone can even fathom. Because of them the kantina crap got on playa (which wouldn't have, thanks to fucking Brunhilde's shit - bye bye Brunnie!) so we could open at about 85% of what we planned - YAY!!!!!! It was what did the trick - I will NEVER forget your generosity!!!! (Drinks on me next year)
(2) One Eye Dick... You didn't even KNOW you were the transfer point... and when you found out you did what a burner does - said fuck yeah withput even blinking. God, I love you dude... AND on top of that, allowing me to use his shop to retransfer crap home via Pickup. MUAH!!!!!!
(3) Elliot, for the pianner loan. YOU made the Kantina this year. I want one next year - can we negotiate? Preferably the same unit - it fucking WORKS (andif my brother is out, he may be able to get it *really* smooth and velvety - he IS a pianner wrench, ya know...)...
(4) A-Bear - YOU, sir, are a hero!! Without you the Kantina would have failed miserably - thanks to you we did something never before done - open 18 out of 24 hours! THAT fucking rocked - and made the Kantina GREAT.
(5) Splat - Same message - you fucking jumped in, did what it took to keep it all going. Stood on the other side of the bar damn near EVERY morning to help in clean up (fuck not having an easy path from back to front).
(6) Nila, for not letting me quit, and giving me the ideas and the options to fuckinh do this burn, and all that went with it. You are true fist of Apok, and on you rests the future of doom - don't forget it!
(lucky #7) And mostly... My hunny, Shelli, for putting up with my excessive spending and insanity of all the putting together stuff and all the time and effort and silliness and dealing with the loneliness of being here while I was on playa, and coming up with the idea to save the Kantina from not being there, and well, for about a billion little things, and most especially for being my love and my life and my wife and my sweetness... I LOVE YOU DARLING!!!!
Andâ€¦ we have PLANS and COLLABORATIONS for next year already in the worksâ€¦ The possibilities are, well, not endless (OK, thereâ€™s 2) but OMG do we have something totally amazing and surprising for you coming in 2011 (IF WE - not I, but WE - can do it!).
Secret insight - I have been scheming on this since 2005 (yeah, really, no shit!) - but it's NOT a "me"... it's an "us". If (big IF) all the pieces come together, and others can and will buy into the dream - The Kantina 2010 showed mewhat COULD be done... but now itâ€™s time to FLY!
IMPORTANT â€“ IF you want to helpâ€¦ be a part of the team , You have to be willing to be a collaborator and share in the successes and anguish and fun of what WE pull off. We will share in the victory â€“ and defeat â€“ of what WE do. Not meâ€¦ Not youâ€¦ the team. Dig? There is no I in Team, just as there is no Team in Fuck You!! Let me knowâ€¦ you will be vetted (in more ways than one!). Contact me via PM... if you dare. Nothing promised except that together we can do what one of us cannot - and we all share in the glory equally or die trying.
Off to unpacking, so we can start the reverse relay to get Kantina 2010 homeâ€¦ them on to 2011!!
bb (as in Bouncng boobs) Sue...