For the first time in 8 consecutive years, I lost my camera on the playa.
I lost it on Saturday morning, just around sunrise, somewhere in the vicinity of Nexus... I had been with my friends, dancing all night until the sunrise. The only time I left Nexus that night was to use the portapotties that were between Nexus and Opulent Temple, so i know it had to have fallen out of my jimmy-rigged fannypack somewhere in this area. (I was shakin my ass so hard, I busted my fannypack!!) We took a group photo right before sunrise, and then as the sun was about to come up, I grabbed my friends from Nexus and we walked straight out to the playa to remove ourselves a little and soak in some good contemplative morning sun, and when i went to grab my camera, it wasn't there. Sooooo sad. I looked and looked because I know I lost it within a 20 minute timeframe, but I couldn't find it, and what can you do... besides have faith in burning man and hope it will come back. Playa taketh away, now playa giveth back!!
The camera is a very crappy old canon powershot digital camera that had a 256mb card and uses AA batteries. The shutter leaves get stuck when you turn it on. The switch on the back that moves it from camera mode to viewing mode is a BITCH to move. This is an awesome playa camera though. There are some pretty incredible, and very very identifiable photos on this camera, and I would do just about anything to get them back. I don't even care about the camera so much as I do about the memories on it... if I get the camera back, great... but if I can even just get the images off it loaded onto flickr or whatever, I would be forever grateful.
Some identifying camera fodder:
- my friend Adam's Revenge Of The Nerds Birthday Party... My friends & I dressed up like nerds. There's one of me, a blonde, adjusting my glasses. My friend Mike with a beer and a weird oldschool breakdancing figurine. You can see this photo attached. I had already put it on my computer, but I know for sure
that it is also still on the lost camera. There is also a photo of someone smoking a three-legged joint in front of a lamp. I deleted several of these to make room for BM pis, but I know some good ones were still on there.
- possibly some pics from my trip to SF to support my friends for the SF Marathon, can't remember if i deleted these or not.
- a photo from the temple, this is the most important - I got an awesome spot inside the temple where I wrote my friend Omar's name inside of a star/sun spire atop one of the shrines inside the temple "legs" - the southwest temple leg, to be exact. I tried to go back to the temple to get another photo of this on Sunday, but by then they had blocked it off for burning, and the whole shrine where I wrote Omar's memorial was already a heap of wood scraps.
- a really amazing photo of my friend Kelsie dancing on the stage at Nexus, I was below her looking upwards and the fabric above the stripper pole in the middle of their dancefloor came out from behind her head like a halo, and she is smiling really big and has a laserbeam shooting out of her eyeball. Magic, I say. You could not get a photo like this if you tried!
- obviously lots of playa family photos etc and probably several blurry/dust-speckled ones.
There are so many amazing photos on this camera that I wish I had... The one of my homage to my late friend Omar from the temple, and Kelsie with her laserbeam eyeball are the very most important. But this camera holds all the memories of all the amazing people I met at the burn this year too.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you have any info about this camera, I would appreciate it sooo much. I am aching inside missing these photos.
I will pay for shipping, pay for the images... whatever needs to happen I will do it if someone out there has found my camera!!!
Here is all of my info:
Landra Lee Dulin
1563 N Serrano Ave
Los Angeles, Ca 90027
Thanks so much for everything, AND WHAT AN AMAZING YEAR!!!
Live and let love!!